One of the capital’s most wonderful buildings The Guardian
Welcome toSt George’s Church Bloomsbury
The Church of England parish church of BloomsburyA church for all people
St George's Bloomsbury is the sixth and final London church designed by the leading architect of the English Baroque, Nicholas Hawksmoor. Originally consecrated in 1731, St George's was reopened to the public in 2006 following a five year restoration initiated and managed by the World Monuments Fund Britain and made possible by the generosity of the Paul Mellon Estate and the Heritage Lottery Fund.Today, St George's is a thriving parish church, concert venue and centre for community arts and education located at the heart of Bloomsbury, two minutes walk from the British Museum. Both the church and our multimedia exhibition Hawksmoor & Bloomsbury are open on a regular basis to visitors.
News: Consortium5 videoOne of our Associate Artist ensembles, recorder group Consortium5, have just released a wonderful new promotional video that features St George’s Bloomsbury! To view it, click here.Tours of StGeorge'sBloomsburyGuided tours of the church are available in the autumn. Please see our Tours page for details of dates and times.
One of the capital’s most wonderful buildingsThe Guardian
Prayer of the dayFor a prayer of the day, please clickhere
Guests enjoying the re-launch of the Friends of St George’s Bloomsbury on June 8th.